Due to the current COVID-19 virus and the uncertainty of our state moving to the phases allowing groups to gather, it is with great sadness that the Nisqually Football League has decided to not hold a football and cheer season.
The league will take a look at holding a 7v7 season in February 2021 so more information will come after the first of the year. We hope you continue to stay safe and be healthy during these very difficult times.
We continue to work with our league and the school district on a return to play plan. The next update from our league will be on July 23rd. If you have signed up for the 2020 season, we will update you on the season via email.
We hope you and your family are safe and healthy. We continue to follow the governors orders to stay home and stay safe. Behind the scenes we are working with the league and continue to partner with the school district on a return to play plan. Continue to check our website for updates along with following the Kent Knights on Facebook and Instagram.
Registration now closed for the 2020 season. Please check back regarding registration for the 2021 season.
We hope everyone is safe and healthy given the situation we are all in with COVID19. Times are challenging for many however we are moving forward and will be prepared for a 2020 football and cheer season.
Included in this email is helpful information to answer any questions you have and to complete the registration process.
Kent Knights Registration Need to Know:
- Receive the early registration discount of $25 if signed up by July 1.
- A sibling discount of $25 is available for siblings living in same household.
- Refer a player or cheerleader to the Kent Knights and receive $25 per referral. Referred player or cheerleader must be on the roster and paid in full by August 15.
- The season will begin on Monday, August 17, 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Football practices will be held Monday through Friday for the month of August. Once school begins in September, practices will be Tuesday through Thursday, same times. The cheer practice schedule will be determined.
- Practices for football and cheer will be held at Kent Meridian High School on the new practice fields behind the tennis courts. The Kent Knights spent many years practicing at this location prior to the remodel. The remodel is now complete, and we are looking forward to being back on our home turf and most important, being in one location.
- Games will be scheduled on Saturdays but be prepared for Sunday games, based on field availability throughout the league.
- To hold a spot on a football or cheer roster, you must pay the registration fee in full or participate in the payment plan option by paying $50 upon registration and keep the reoccurring payments current.
- We have committed to play in a new league this year and into the foreseeable future. The Nisqually Junior Football League (NJFL) is a league that we have participated with in the past and are very familiar with. We feel this league better aligns us with our common core values and addresses the concerns voiced by parents the last couple years. The major change you will notice is it is a grade based league fielding teams of 1st–2nd grade, 3rd-4th grade, 5th-6th grade and 7th-8th grade. Check out the NJFL by clicking here.
- Registration must be paid in full for football players to receive football gear.
- With all the uncertainty surrounding COVID19 if for any reason the season is cancelled all monies paid to the Kent Knights for the 2020 football and cheer season will be refunded.
Football Registration cost: $275
Pay in full at time of registration or take advantage of the payment plan option by making a down payment of $50 and keeping payments current. Online processing fee applies. Registration includes:
- The use of Kent Knight gear (helmet, shoulder pads, and pants).
- Each player gets a practice jersey, a pair of game socks and a mouth guard to keep.
- Game jerseys will be issued on game day and collected following the games.
Cheer Registration cost: $150
Pay in full at time of registration or take advantage of the payment plan option by making a down payment of $50 and keeping payments current. Online processing fees apply.
In addition to the registration cost, each cheerleader will be given a link to purchase a required “Spirit Pack” which includes all items below that each cheerleader will get to keep. Spirit pack cost will not exceed $150 and will include uniform, poms and shoes.
click here to start the registration process.
Visit our website at www.kentknights.com for FAQ’s.
Email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Zoom Q&A meetings to answer any questions you have about the season. Email us at email@example.com with your name and email so we can include you in the Zoom meeting invite.